Yuna update IV~ [COMPLETE]
Sorry for the lack of updates on this! Was super busy finishing Yuna for PAXEast this weekend. ^^; I WAS SUCCESSFUL THOUGH! ヾ(´▽｀;)ゝ It nearly killed me but I survived! Here are the last WIP photos. I will be posting more on my Facebook page soon~
- Painting that obi took over 4 hours @A@; And then another 3+ to put it all together. Hand sewed most of it because the interfacing and design wouldn’t fit in the machine. Also wanted to get the folds as accurate as possible. ^^; It snaps on in the back.
- The flower thing for the obi was cut out of a random piece of wood my Dad had and then sanded like crazy to get the thickness close enough. Then painted by hand which alone took an hour. ^^;
- OMG AND THE SKIRT ALSDKJALKDFJ gah! I ended up making it twice because I first measured wrong and didn’t cut enough fabric, then made the skirt and the pleats were wrong… so had to undo all the stitching and redo pleats… OTL But came out satisfactory and held up quite nicely in the end! Don’t ask how long that took… You can see videos of both skirts on my Instagram.
- Painting the skirt wasn’t so bad, other than figuring out the flower pattern because actually it’s on there twice. Once with the pleats closed then underneath the pleats. Took about 4 hours as well.
- Staff painting took about two days because first painted the blue the wrong color… and then stuck to the cardboard and got messed up. So painted again and then hand panted the red / gold. I did add the silver top piece with model magic and painted it.
- Styled wig with the help of my wonderful older sister! She loves playing with hair and she really helped with the layers/angles. <3
- Also made necklace which I don’t have a close up of but did a test run the night before the con and took a few photos. ^^;
Well that’s it! Next post will have the whole cosplay together! :D
The lovely Hoya Vine I have growing in my back yard <3 there’s always at least one cluster of buds at some different stage in the blooming process
IT LOOKS LIKE STAR ORIGAMI I WANT TEN
can we talk about how this fucking pbs show aimed at little kids easily talked about how anxiety is stressful but normal
Ok no but can we talk about this entire episode?
It was called April 9th, and it was actually a response to the 9/11 attacks. It didn’t talk about the attacks themselves, but rather focused on teaching kids to deal with the all of the emotions that they might be feeling as a result. They set up a situation that might evoke similar emotions in children: a massive fire at the school.
Arthur’s dad was in the fire, so (as you can see above), Arthur is constantly worried about his dad’s safety.
Sue Ellen is grieving because her journal, which contained a huge amount of precious memories, was destroyed in the fire. Muffy is confused why she can’t just cheer Sue Ellen up by giving her a new journal.
Buster wasn’t at school that day, and feels confused and guilty that he isn’t sad about the fire like the other kids. He then befriends the school janitor, who has to retire due to an injury that, at his age, is pretty serious.
Binky actually saw the flames, and is constantly traumatized by the event. He doesn’t tell anyone because he feels like he would lose his tough-guy reputation if he admitted that he was scared.
The episode teaches kids that all of these emotions are perfectly normal and natural, that there’s not one right way to feel, and that even if it takes a while, things are going to be okay.
The thing that makes this show so great, in my opinion, is that it knows that kids are intellegent and strong enough to deal with these things if you present them in the right way. It doesn’t hide them, it doesn’t sugar coat them, it just presents them in a way that children can understand and shows them how to deal with them.
how can we talk and write about being immigrant child and/or being the children of immigrants and the emotional complexities of it without painting our relationships with our parent/s as one-dimensional and as us always being the ones with their dreams and them being dreamless,…
Final Fantasy X - Young Auron, Tidus and Seymour